[Freeciv-Dev] Re: multiplayer mode is all that counts

To: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: multiplayer mode is all that counts
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 09:21:19 +0200

On Thu, Sep 20, 2001 at 02:02:23PM +0200, Reinier Post wrote:
> I think AIs should be executed in the server to avoid the introduction
> of state into the protocol.  (But I'm not going to code it so don't
> listen to me.)

It has been discussed (in some long threads) that putting AIs into the
server is not the way to go. And to avoid the introduction of state
into the protocol (I'm not sure what this means) is only a minor
disadvantage over the advantages client side ai gives us.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 A life? Cool! Where can I download one?