[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] New city dialog (10)

To: Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>, Freeciv List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] New city dialog (10)
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 22:40:29 +0200

On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 10:08:49PM +0200, Daniel Sjölie wrote:

> Ok, since I like the "release early, release often" motto - here we go
> again... :)
>
> I've worked with the keyboard shortcuts for the worklist and the
> transparent units problem... There is still a visible box around all
> units together but that's not so bad really, right?
>
> Help says:
> Keyboard shortcuts: Home to focus the worklist, End to focus the
> available list, Up/Down arrows to select previous/next item in
> worklist or available list, PageUp/Down to move items up/down in
> the worklist, Insert to insert items from the available list into the
> worklist and Delete to delete the selected item from the worklist
>
> I did use gtk_widget_grab_focus for Home and End for now... I tried
> using gtk_widget_set_state at the suggestion of Vasco but I didn't
> get that to work... Feel free to try to fix that...
>
> Full patch:
> http://www.acc.umu.se/~deepone/freeciv/new_city_dialog10.diff.gz

I tried it and it looks like it conflicts with my recent introduction
of cids. A lot of the changes to the worklist dialog in the new city
dialog are made by me. I also introduces a "compound id" during the
changes.

In the changes I commited in the last days I assign this term a second
time but to a different thing. IMHO you should create a new term like
"worklist id=wid" which is a super set of the cids. And change the
worklist dialog of the new city dialog accordingly. You may also
change the worklist dialog of the other clients ;)

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "At the beginning of the week, we sealed ten BSD programmers