[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] New city dialog (10)

To: Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Patch] New city dialog (10)
From: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 11:31:52 +0200

Am Mittwoch, 19. September 2001 23:51 schrieb Daniel Sjölie:
> On 2001-09-19 22:05:42, Christian Knoke wrote:
> >
> > But I would put more space between the units on the units page.
> >
> > Unit page / unit list button: When you will ever have so many
> > units in your city that you need this window (I did), you probably
> > want to select *several* units. So I'd suggest not to close
> > this window, when *one* unit is selected. Leave it open instead
> > until the user closes it.
>
> I don't really care about this... One reason I'd really like to see
> this in cvs is so people who does can do their thing...
> Since these are new features I don't think they have to be all
> they can be before being included, right?
> I really only care about the overview and the worklist... I still
> want the other features included but I don't use them enough to have
> any specific opinions...

So we have to wait until somebody else cares, after CVS inclusion.

> > I think you've got the most out of the keys.
> >
> > But I liked the PageUp/Down for switching cities, that was cool ...
> > This is now used for Current worklist up/down. What about shift-
> > arrow for the worklist?
>
> Ah, I forgot to mention that there's accelerator keys for next and
> prev buttons now. Thus you move to prev/next city with p/n in the
> english version... I think this is good enough - I really like
> PageUp/Down the way they are now...

Ah, I just realized that a simple "n" works - no need to press
Alt-N :-)

> > Also, could you remove the horizontal scrollbar for the available
> > items list, which appears sometimes?
>
> I could, but I don't want to... ;)
> I would be more botherred by the window changing size all the time
> than by some colum disapearing once in a while...

But this is not true. Right now the window size would be increased
just once, and then it keeps its size, and all other windows have
the same. This behavior is ok, I think.

> Well, I haven't really thought this through, it might not be so bad,
> but I don't have a problem with the way it is now really...
> Other opinions?
>

> > When using up and down arrows a lot, strange things happen, i.e.
> > switching the pages irregularly.
>
> Uhu? I don't know why this is so...
> Any clues/ways to reproduce?

1) open city window (overview), type "arrow up" 5 times -->
   switches to Misc. page

2) switch between pages with left/right arrow, and then use
   "arrow up"

Christian

--
* Christian Knoke                           +49 4852 92248 *
* D-25541 Brunsbuettel                  Wurtleutetweute 49 *