[Freeciv-Dev] Re: grid color

To: Freeciv-Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: grid color
From: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 01:23:42 +0200

Am Freitag, 14. September 2001 23:10 schrieb Raimar Falke:
> On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 03:07:52PM -0500, Mike Kaufman wrote:

> > > I don't see a problem here because:
> > >  - only tiles at the top and bottom are unavailable and
> >
> > top and bottom?
>
> Tiles which are above the top or below the bottom of the map.

I don't understand /this/.

> > >  - both (unavailable and used) tiles are "unavailable" for use of
> > >  another city.
> >
> > hmm. since I'm familiar with the dialog usage, it reminds me of
> > tiles that _that_ city can't use, when in fact those are the tiles
> > that _are_ being used.
>
> I don't understand this.

He's referring to the minimap in the city dialog, where the
red frames indicate tiles being used.

> > > So you want two switches: "enable the black base grid" and "show
> > > city outline and used tiles"?!
> >
> > yes, that's pretty much it. I might call them "Map grid", "City
> > grid" for the menu label.
>
> Comments from other people?

Hhm. When cities grow, these red and white grids are not
usefull anymore(!). On the other hand, when cities are small,
you won't really need them.

In a recent game I was confused by these grid colors.
I switched it on, because I needed exact positioning of my
(many) units, but there were colored units, grids, tiles ...
So I'd prefer it all black.

>       Raimar

Christian

--
* Christian Knoke                           +49 4852 92248 *
* D-25541 Brunsbuettel                  Wurtleutetweute 49 *