[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Agents and further direction

To: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Agents and further direction
From: Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 06:31:37 +0200

On 2001-08-25 16:10:02, Raimar Falke wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 25, 2001 at 03:48:47PM +0200, Daniel Sjölie wrote:
> > > The attribute patch I was talking about enables the client to store
> > > data. This data is included in a savegame and so acts as a memory for
> > > the agents.
> >
> > Yes, that's what I was talking about... Your agents don't use this
> > right? If they did You could set a "irrigate only" attribute on a
> > settler and have it saved, right?
>
> No. It is a bit more complex:
>  - the user of the agent (currently some gui code) puts a settler
>  under the control of the agent and supplies the agent with parameters
>  (these will be extended)
>  - the agent will notice that this settler has nothing to do
>  - it will create some actions (based on the parameters) and merge
>  external actions
>  - all actions will be assessed, sorted and a final one selected
>  - this action will then be carried out (goto to the tile and start
>  the activity)
>
> The agent will save (using attributes) the user supplied parameters
> and the currently selected action.

Sounds like what I meant... Except, do You mean that You set _global_
parameters for Your agents, not for each unit? I guess so but wouldn't
it be better and not to hard to have the agent check the settler unit
for parameters/attributes specific to that settler?
Do we understand eachother here? :)

If it's not easy now, wouldn't it be fairly easy when the attributes
patch is applied? Then You can set paramenter on units, right?

It was quite a while since I saw something about attributes on the list.
I've been looking forward to playing with it... when it's done...
will it be done? :) (who was the author? You?)

/Daniel - sorry if I'm confused...

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)