[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Agents and further direction

To: Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Agents and further direction
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2001 16:10:02 +0200

On Sat, Aug 25, 2001 at 03:48:47PM +0200, Daniel Sjölie wrote:
> On 2001-08-25 15:26:28, Raimar Falke wrote:

> > > Ok, I guess I'm confused here...
> > > I thought Your agents were using attributes...
> >
> > This is correct. The point was: I can't and won't force the freeciv
> > community to accept my agents. So I was hoping to get some feedback of
> > the general idea.
>
> I'm for the general idea... :)
>
> > > Cause thats what I'd like to see - agents controlled with attributes...
> >
> > The attribute patch I was talking about enables the client to store
> > data. This data is included in a savegame and so acts as a memory for
> > the agents.
>
> Yes, that's what I was talking about... Your agents don't use this
> right? If they did You could set a "irrigate only" attribute on a
> settler and have it saved, right?

No. It is a bit more complex:
 - the user of the agent (currently some gui code) puts a settler
 under the control of the agent and supplies the agent with parameters
 (these will be extended)
 - the agent will notice that this settler has nothing to do
 - it will create some actions (based on the parameters) and merge
 external actions
 - all actions will be assessed, sorted and a final one selected
 - this action will then be carried out (goto to the tile and start
 the activity)

The agent will save (using attributes) the user supplied parameters
and the currently selected action.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first woman