[Freeciv-Dev] new civworld patch

To: "Ross W. Wetmore" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] new civworld patch
From: Mike Kaufman <mkaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 10:20:43 -0500 (CDT)

there's a new version of civworld in incoming/
this is mainly for Ross who was making some changes to compile with his
core cleanups. It most probably won't compile with today's CVS. It's to
show what I'm doing with the code (in case anybody is secretly doing
development :).
Here's a snippet of the most recent changes:

        ed_citytools.c,maptools.c, maphand.c: removed ed_reality_check_city()
                extra code purge in an effort to move maphand.c back into
                server/ the packet code wasn't that big an overhead.
        ed_citytools.c: deleting a city now also removes any road or
                railroad underneath it.
        maptools.c: moved downgrade_city_roads() from maphand.c
        maphand.[ch]: 'moved' these files back into server/ there's some
                function overhead now as they do a lot of send_tile_* but
                no real harm done. Would somebody like to profile this for
                me? Now if only tilespec.c could go back...
        techdlg.c: now cities will gain or lose rails if the proper tech is
                [un]selected.

note: maphand.c is no longer in civworld/

-mike