[Freeciv-Dev] identifier length (was: Pop cost patch (resending via bug

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv developers)
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] identifier length (was: Pop cost patch (resending via bug system) (PR#897))
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 01:17:03 +0200

On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 09:24:54PM +0200, Raimar Falke wrote:

> It looks like the arguments "make the code ugly and harder to follow"
> are personal and I have learned I would have a very hard to convince
> you.

"Names ought to be descriptive.  Names are expected to be so good that
the programmer will understand the code without any comments."
This is what we were taught in out introductory [rogramming classes
in computer science, and I have never found reason to disagree with it.
The code will be read much much more often than it is written.

--
Reinier