[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Pop cost patch (resending via bug system) (PR#897)

To: Arien Malec <arien_malec@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Pop cost patch (resending via bug system) (PR#897)
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 20:06:41 +0200

On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 10:25:50AM -0700, Arien Malec wrote:
> OK, updated patch attached. There are some oddities in the way the diff
> happend
> (functions appear to move on diff, but don't really), but it all comes out
> right in the end.
>
> I've fixed the issues noted below, and also done the following things:
>
> 1) Renamed the version of unit_add_build... that returns the enum
> unit_add_build_city_result
> REASON: all of the can_... functions return a boolean, so naming this function
> can_... is highly misleading

I would like to get an extra "_or_" in "can_unit_add_build_city" and
"unit_add_build_city_result".

What about "test_unit_add_or_build_city" instead of
"unit_add_build_city_result"?

You don't have to make a new patch. (This would only increase the
chance you change another thing).

> 2) Reinstated the can_unit_add_to_city and can_unit_build_city functions, and
> added a can_unit_add_build_city function as well, and made the GUI callers use
> those functions
> REASON: Makes things cleaner for the callers who just care about the boolean.
> Most of the callers want the can_unit_add_build_city function, and were doing
> an || (sometimes reduplicating the logic), so the combined boolean is cleaner
> for them. (It is also more efficient, since we don't have to redo the work)

Ok.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Python 2.0 beta 1 is now available [...]. There is a long list of new