[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Pop cost patch (resending via bug system) (PR#897)

Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Pop cost patch (resending via bug system) (PR#897)
From: Trent Piepho <xyzzy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 16:06:58 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 23 Aug 2001, Raimar Falke wrote:
> As you may have noticed I like longer names. Some creations of me are

Yes, I noticed.  Maybe that's because you're German and like long button names
that don't fit on the screen?  ;-) I like shorter names, always have..  In fact
waaaay back when I graduated from highschool my quote in the senior yearbook
was something like "fu cn rd ths u cn gt a gd jb n cmptr prgmng".

> It looks like the arguments "make the code ugly and harder to follow"
> are personal and I have learned I would have a very hard to convince
> you.

I really wouldn't fight about this.  I think the names are too long, but they
aren't evil.

Unlike complexified pseudo-english contructifications, exemplar gratis
"normalize", manifested in an adjectivial sense when the corrected way to
utilizationize them would be in a verbical sense for a passivized voice
contrucification or as a passivized participialized adjectivication, and the
corrected method would be a simplified adjectivication like "normal".

Translation to normal English:

  Unlike complex pseudo-english constructs, e.g. "normalize", used as an
  adjective when the correct way to use them would be as a verb for a sentence
  in the passive voice, or as a passive participial adjective, and the correct
  word would be a simple adjective like "normal".