[Freeciv-Dev] Re: patch: Modified can_build_improvment()

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: patch: Modified can_build_improvment()
From: Gregory Berkolaiko <gberkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 14:09:22 +0100 (BST)

 --- Sebastian Bauer <sebauer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: > Hi!

> This patch changes can_build_improvement() and similiar functions to
> use the definitions from the buildings.ruleset instead to hardcode
> this.

I didn't really read through the changes just a glance, but I my
conclusion is that such change is a must.

> Question:
> I don't really understand the differnt between equiv_dupl and
> equiv_repl. The text in buildings.ruleset says that you may still build
> the building even if there are the buildings listed in equiv_dupl
> within the range. But this is only used for the Barracks and for the
> Power Plant types in current rules. AFAIK you can never build two
> barracktypes or two power plant types. So the describtion is IMO wrong.
> But then equiv_dupl is needless because equiv_repl does this job
> already. Do I interpret this correct? May I remove equiv_dupl?

sounds reasonable, you shouldn't be allowed to build a structure which
will have no effect.  but equiv_dupl are always buildings and equiv_repl
are wonders, maybe there is some difference in how civ should handle
them? like range?