[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Scrollbars [patch]

To: Daniel Speyer <Daniel_Speyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, thue@xxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Scrollbars [patch]
From: Kevin Brown <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 20:37:37 -0700

Daniel Speyer <Daniel_Speyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Here is my proposed fix to the isometric scrollbar bug.  It does away with
> the scrollbars entirely and replaces them with eight buttons.  This is,
> IMO, much more elegant than scrollbars.  It also solves the difficulty I
> had when I first began using isometric of matching what happens on the big
> and small maps.

I've made significant improvements to this code.  See the patch below.

It now uses GTK timeouts, and will accelerate the scrolling depending
on how long you hold the button down (max 3 steps per scroll right
now).

I had to use a trick (see buttonpress_instance) to get buttonpresses
happening in quick succession to work the way you'd expect.

Comments?

--
Kevin Brown                                           kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    It's really hard to define what "unexpected behavior" means when you're
                       talking about Windows.