[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Scrollbars [patch]

To: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Scrollbars [patch]
From: Kevin Brown <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2001 05:44:09 -0700

Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Am Sonntag,  5. August 2001 12:33 schrieben Sie:
> > On Sun, Aug 05, 2001 at 12:15:44PM +0200, Christian Knoke wrote:
> > > Am Sonntag,  5. August 2001 03:16 schrieben Sie:
> > >
> > > I'm for removing the scrollbars (and buttons) at all (for that
> > > reason), just encouraging the users to click in the main
> > > or mini map.
> > >
> > > The first thing I learned with freeciv is to center the map,
> > > and I never used the scrollbars since then.
> >
> > I use them a lot, for their intended purpose: smooth scrolling.
> > So I agree they have to be smooth in order to be useful.
>
> Ok. The good thing about GUIs is that you have the choice.
>
> What about this: When you're going to make  an option for
> scrollbars/buttons, could you make an option to remove them, too?

I was thinking about doing just that.  It would start off being a
command line option.  If someone else really wanted to go to the
trouble of making it dynamically configurable so that it could be
saved in the preferences, that would be cool, too.  But that's more
hassle than I'd like to deal with.  :-)

--
Kevin Brown                                           kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    It's really hard to define what "unexpected behavior" means when you're
                       talking about Windows.