Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: map wrap and a new barrier method. was: british isles

To: freeciv dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: map wrap and a new barrier method. was: british isles
From: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 21:22:27 +0100

> Also, I don't know if this has been discussed before, but I think there is
> a lot of potential for maps that don't wrap, and I understand that
> building that into the code is pretty arduous. An alternative would be
> either a new terrain type or perhaps a new special. The terrain type would
> prevent movement to that tile.

As mentioned at
http://www.freeciv.org/lxr/source/freeciv_hackers_guide.txt?v=cvs#L202

---------
Note that if all the code that operate on x and y values used macros, it
would be very simple to convert these, to allow fx a flat world or a map
structure like in civ2 for isometric view.
---------

Purely coincidentially I have been replacing all parts of the code I have
touched with flat-world compatible code for some time.

-Thue