Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Fallout was: map wrap

Cc: freeciv dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Fallout was: map wrap
From: Jordan Crouse <jordanc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 09:53:49 -0700

Mike Kaufman wrote:

> PS: on a related note: does fallout cause any damage to a unit moving over
> that tile? I can't find anything in the code. If not, why not? If it, did,
> we could just lay down a couple columns  of fallout to accomplish the same
> thing as above without a tileset change. If it did a point of HP damage
> per turn, 10 columns or so would do the trick.
>
> I think that it is realistic to damage units (except may settlers doing
> cleanup) that move over fallout.

How about a new unit - Hazardous materials engineer (hazmat for short).
That would be the only unit that could approach fallout without
getting damaged.  They would be available when the civilization
discovers nuclear weapons.

Regular engineers could still be able to clean up regular pollution, but
hazmat engineers would be able to it faster.

Jordan