Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Winsock patch

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Winsock patch
From: Vasco Alexandre Da Silva Costa <vasc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 16:46:05 +0000 (WET)

On Wed, 14 Feb 2001, Andreas Kemnade wrote:
> I don't think we should change anything about the amigaos port since
> there is no demand to have autoconf working with that port.

I only mentioned AmigaOS because it is wrapping that same code in a
different manner and IMHO it's useless duplication.  At the time we didn't
have these wrappers in the common/ code and so they added it to amiga/ but
since we're putting them together now, why not take advantage of it and
move that piece of code from amiga/ to common/?

(the piece of code being the read(), write(), my_nonblock() wrappers
maybe some network init stuff but i'm not certain).

---