Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Winsock patch

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Winsock patch
From: Dirk Stoecker <stoecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 07:20:04 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, Andreas Kemnade wrote:

>  > Using my_nonblock() on something other than a socket isn't advised on
>  > non-UNIX systems at least.  If we ever get to include AmigaOS code in this
>  > for e.g. i doubt ioctlsocket() works on files (even if AmigaOS has a UNIX
>  > like file API which i doubt).

Well. The Socket-API is equal to Unix. At least what it is used. It is
based on Amiga system specifics, but these are hidden normally. As the
file-access is much like the way Unix accesses files it is easy to unify
this.

What do you mean with "If we ever get to include AmigaOS code in this for
..."?

> amiga/config.h seems not to define SOCKET_ZERO_ISNT_STDIN.
> It seems like the Amiga socket api (which belongs not to AmigaOS) has

Wrong. Newer OS-versions include TCP stacks :-)

> read() and write() functions which can deal with sockets and files (at
> least stdin).

I'm not totally sure, but I think this is untrue. This is probably done in
the wrapper code supplied with amigaserver.c and amigaclient.c.

If it is important I will do deeper investigations (or maybe we ask
Sebastian :-)

Ciao
|____| _|_ |____| _|_    _|_ |____| I hope AMIGA never stops making fun!