Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Winsock patch

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Winsock patch
From: Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 13:36:22 -0500

At 2001/02/13 11:50 , Andreas Kemnade wrote:
>Jeff Mallatt writes:
> > At 2001/02/13 10:16 , Andreas Kemnade wrote:
> > >I think we should use the old SOCKET_ZERO_ISNT_STDIN code and move it
> > >to support.c instead of using that fileno() stuff because this code
> > >should work because it is in CVS. (Don't change a running system)
> >
> > My patch did attempt to return (mostly) to using the "old
> > SOCKET_ZERO_ISNT_STDIN" code, moved to support.c.  I guess you are
> > suggesting that it go all the way and do the character-by-character input
> > processing, right?
> >
>Yes

This includes both codes, conditionalized by a "#if 0".

It looks like both Mac and BeOS ports use SOCKET_ZERO_ISNT_STDIN.  If both
these folks could test both codes and come to some consensus as to which,
if either, works best, we could remove the other...

> > I should have added a configure test for fileno(), but got lazy.  I'll do
> > this and post an updated patch.
>The only purpose would be to test this code on linux?

This includes this test.  It works, and it does let us test a code-path --
anything that lets a code-path be tested is worth it.

jjm