Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: February 2001:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Non-smallpox ruleset (Minimum distance between cities

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Non-smallpox ruleset (Minimum distance between cities to 3
From: "R. Miller" <richere@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 10:23:32 -0500

At 08:09 01-02-07 -0500, Mike Jing wrote:
Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The solution I feel is generally good in lots of ways is to simply give city improvements more power...

I think this would make large cities way too powerful. A better idea would be to make certain city improvements a bit cheaper to build.

Mike

How would lowering the maintenance cost of certain improvement affect the model? I expect that lowering costs will result in more money for research and luxuries,
which may favours large city developers more than militaristic "smallpoxers".

What do you think?

Robaire