[Freeciv-Dev] Re: win32 server

To: Andreas Kemnade <akemnade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: win32 server
From: Gaute B Strokkenes <gs234@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 21 Jan 2001 20:06:56 +0000

On Sun, 21 Jan 2001, akemnade@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I have put the win32 common and server stuff into a diff.  I hope it
> is clean enough to go into CVS. I have tried building linux version
> after applying the patch so it should not break anything.  The code
> is based on my 1.11.4 windows stuff, so it should be well tested. I
> hope that at least the server of the mostly used binary distribution
> can be build directly from cvs soon. (autoconf stuff is included).

I notice that you're patching the stuff in intl/ quite extensively.
While a lot of your changes are quite sensible (using stdio rather
than file descriptors directly, for instance) I don't think it's
desirable to fork GNU gettext.  I think you'd be a lot better of by
trying to adapt the minimal gettext that the Amiga port uses.  Then
you don't have to worry about environment variables either.  8-)

--
Big Gaute                               http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~gs234/
It's the land of DONNY AND MARIE as promised in TV GUIDE!