Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patch: bye bye free city center

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patch: bye bye free city center
From: Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 04:37:11 +0100

On 2000-12-14 01:23:45, Daniel Sjölie wrote:
> On 2000-12-13 15:17:16, Paul Zastoupil wrote:
> > What does everyone think of running some 'tweaked' rulesets on
> > civserver.freeciv.org?  I would be happy to make the appropriate
> > changes.  How about some well thought out suggestions?
>
> I would really like to see a configuration where every city was of vital
> importance... My suggestion to get this effect would be creating a
> seperate unit for founding cities, making this one really expensive and
> increase the benefit of improvements - a lot... Better to start out high
> and go down later if that is desired, if done the other way odds are
> more extreme settings will never be tried...
>
> I'm sending my old improvement effect along...
> Just for convinience if You'd like to take a peek...
> It probably doesn't apply to cvs and it should be changed to use
> game.ruleset instead of a server-variable...
>
> I'll probably take a look at this tonight - depending on how tired I get
> of doing what I really should be doing... ;)

Ok, here it is... :)
Not tested a lot - please go ahead and pick it apart... :)

data/metropolis/
contains unit and game rulesets... (data/metropolis.serv exists)
Unit Founders (with elephant gfx :) is the only unit for city building
in this version and improvements_effect is set to 10 (e.g. meaning that
You get 500% science bonus for building a library :)

Like I said - this is not tested :) but I would be really suprised if
smallpox still wins with these twists... *evil grin*

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)