Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patch: bye bye free city center

To: paulz@xxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Patch: bye bye free city center
From: Daniel Sjölie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 01:23:45 +0100

On 2000-12-13 15:17:16, Paul Zastoupil wrote:
> What does everyone think of running some 'tweaked' rulesets on
> civserver.freeciv.org?  I would be happy to make the appropriate
> changes.  How about some well thought out suggestions?

I would really like to see a configuration where every city was of vital
importance... My suggestion to get this effect would be creating a
seperate unit for founding cities, making this one really expensive and
increase the benefit of improvements - a lot... Better to start out high
and go down later if that is desired, if done the other way odds are
more extreme settings will never be tried...

I'm sending my old improvement effect along...
Just for convinience if You'd like to take a peek...
It probably doesn't apply to cvs and it should be changed to use
game.ruleset instead of a server-variable...

I'll probably take a look at this tonight - depending on how tired I get
of doing what I really should be doing... ;)

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)