[Freeciv-Dev] Re: historical background on nations/leaders Was: histori

To: Martin Willemoes Hansen <mwh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: dnh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: historical background on nations/leaders Was: historical background on wonders
From: Mathias Hasselmann <Mathias.Hasselmann@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 23:45:39 +0200

Martin Willemoes Hansen wrote:

> > When I saw the beautiful flags of some nations I never
> > heard about I asked myself if there should not also be
> > some information about the nation's and their leaders
> > histories.
>
> About the country would be great .. Hey are we realy building a
> interactiv history book?

Since it seems to me, that many people interested want
FreeCiv to be authentic, we have to do it.

Since we want to avoid censorship without encouraging radicalism,
it is necessary to provide historical background knowledge.

If I read that people on this list are euphoric about having
read that there is domestication since 9000 B.C. it would be
great to have a Freecivclopedia.

(BTW  The knowledge of domestication was part of my education
      at school...)
(BTW' I believe that I have read about much older settlements
      in Turkey [? - but at least Little Asia - I you recognize
      this term - directly translated from my native
      language....)

Mathias
Hasselmann
--
GPG: 1024-Bit DSA: ID 55E572F3, 1024-Bit RSA: ID EAAF7CF1
WWW: http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~hasselma/