Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: how to improve the AI's attack

To: Todd Goodman <tsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: how to improve the AI's attack
From: Daniel Sjolie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 00:14:23 +0200

On 2000-05-06 19:30:20, Todd Goodman wrote:
> > Here's what we came up with:
> > http://www.shaolie.dhs.org/~freeciv/
> >
> > I don't think we managed to write much code though... :}
> > I really don't have the time now... :(

> I'm most interested in taking a look at that.

What?
The page? Go ahead... :)
The code? Sorry, we had no real code... :}

Here's a crazy though thought:
Considering what Corin said about the protocol allready being quite nice
and that we want the ability to use any language to communicate with the
server - wouldn't one way to go be to have a ascii-mode protocol?
XML comes to mind...

Then You could build the 'servants' (mentioned in that page) in the
server and send orders and reports back and forth as XML...

Well, it's just something that has passed through my mind from time to
time... I don't know if it would work and/or be worth the trouble but I
really think it would be a _beautiful_ solution... ;)

I won't go into any details now (time for bed :) -
just wanted to toss it into the air...

Ah, yes - I really like the idea of orders and reports flying as text
between the client/player and the server/world... *grin*

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)