Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv 1.10.0 for Windows NT/95/98 and an X Server

To: "'Daniel Zinsli'" <s830+priv@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Freeciv-dev'" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv 1.10.0 for Windows NT/95/98 and an X Server
From: "Todd Goodman" <tsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 15:46:19 -0400

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking below.

If you're asking me to build a native windows GTK
version, then the answer is that I tried it and
had problems because the thread support requires
a non-free compiler (MSVC) to build properly.
There were also crashing issues with the native
Windows GTK I managed to get working.

I will try again sometime, but no guarantees on
when that will be.

I build using gcc under Cygwin.

Regards,

Todd