Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv 1.10.0 for Windows NT/95/98 and an X Server

To: Daniel Zinsli <s830+priv@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv 1.10.0 for Windows NT/95/98 and an X Server
From: "Michael H. Price II" <price@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2000 14:30:19 -0500

On Sun, May 07, 2000 at 06:23:10PM +0200, Daniel Zinsli wrote:
> "Todd Goodman" <tsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > I've finally uploaded a 1.10.0 version of the self installing
> > package for Freeciv 1.10.0 for Windows NT/95/98 (and I suppose
> > 2000, but I don't have a machine here running that).
>
> For me it would be very helpful if you could go through the steps needed
> to compile the windows versions, because I would like to do that myself.

You may also like to know that I keep a recent build of the CVS source
for windows at http://www2.msstate.edu/~mhp1/

I try to build a new one every 5 days or so. Give me an hour and I'll
put up a build with today's source.

Note that the build I provide doesn't autoinstall but does come with
two batch files you can easily make shortcuts to.

I build my version with cygwin (as does Todd I believe.) You can get
cygwin at http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/

After installing cygwin you will need to install the X11 libraries.

Then grab the source to glib, gtk, and imlib and compile all of them.

Then compile the freeciv source.

It is easy to do, just takes a while.

Michael