Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Isometric view

To: Thue Janus Kristensen <thue@xxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Isometric view
From: Pallav Nawani <pallav99@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 17:56:23 +0530 (IST)

On Thu, 6 Apr 2000, Thue Janus Kristensen wrote:

> 1) Could be temporarely done by using the civ 2 tiles. Also, in the civ 2
> community (centered around www.apolyton.net) there is a number of artists and
> their modpacks. We should be able to convince one to help us/"borrow" an
> existent modpack tileset.
> If anybody want them I can send the civ 2 tiles.
current tiles seem good to me. But if the civ2 tiles are better...
I'd like to have a look.

> I think 2) would be easy enought (what is your preference for map
> representation? I think I would prefer to sort of tilt a normal map 45 degrees
> with the clock and then number the tiles so that the iteration method is
> unchanged)

Just tilting the map or tilting the world with it ? I mean like in
age of empires ?

> How about 3) ? Also evrybody says that the current drawing lib is out of date,
> and we should migrate (and this would be a good time)

dunno.

pallav
Anthony's Law of Force : Don't Force it, Get a bigger Hammer.
Pallav Nawani        |    Visit me at                              |
F-46,                |  http://www.angelfire.com/co/pallav         |
PIN 560012           |                                             |
Phone : 3092625      |                                             |