Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Isometric view

To: Thue Janus Kristensen <thue@xxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Isometric view
From: Jules Bean <jmlb2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 13:58:30 +0100

On Thu, Apr 06, 2000 at 02:50:50PM +0200, Thue Janus Kristensen wrote:
> > I think (2) is a non-issue.  I think an isometric client should start
> > essentially as an alternative client to gtk or xaw, with no server
> > changes at all.
>
> Show me a way it can be done. I say it can't.

Hmm.  Maybe we're talking about cross-purposes.

I'm talking about using exactly the same map (a cylinder), no 'height'
information. Still precisely a 2D game (in fact, still exactly the
same game) just twisted by 30 degrees (or 45, if you like, but then
it's not isometric).

So perhaps that's not what you mean.  What sort of changes do you
envisage needing in the server?

Jules

--
Jules Bean                          |        Any sufficiently advanced
jules@{debian.org,jellybean.co.uk}  |  technology is indistinguishable