Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: War/Peace

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: War/Peace
From: Arkadiusz Danilecki <szopen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 16:52:14 +0100 (MET)

On Tue, 7 Mar 2000, Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 07, 2000 at 02:29:21PM +0100, Arkadiusz Danilecki wrote:
[cut]

> > 1) score. Additional pts for peace periods? Sometimes we forgot that in
> > civ should be three ways of winning: wipe all civilisations, reach alpha
> > centauri, _or_ having bigger score at the end of game.
>
> Don't do it. Score should be only about *present*state*of*the*world*,
> and have nothing to do with civ's history.

What about - current peace period?

?

> 14)
> Do not make any reputation mechanism
> This fools ai only
reputation mechanism could be only for decision if senate would allow
war/force peace etc. It has to be reputation of some kind to implement
this, or it will do it randomly which i don;t like.

> 15)
> Make diplomacy optional.
> Ai is *always* stupid about diplomacy in every game I know,
> because it needs medium and long-term planing, and
> it plans only next movement
> And diplomacy between players is best solved w/o any
> state-of-the-world support.

well, ai should know at least about war/peace state. I saw civilized flag
in player_ai, i could use it that if civilised==1 ai won't break peace
(very often) and if civilised=0 it will. In republic and democracy it will
break peace on the same rules as will do senate.

szopen