[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Nationset

To: Massimo Campostrini <campo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Nationset
From: Stan Shebs <shebs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 10:14:24 -0800

Massimo Campostrini wrote:

> Stan Shebs <shebs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > Xconq is all GPL, and I'd be happy to
> > have bits of it go to improve FreeCiv.
>
> There are bits of Xconq in FreeCiv already ;-)
>
> The list of "default" cities (which you get after you have exhausted
> your nation's cities) is shamelessly lifted from Xconq.  See the file
> data/default/nations.ruleset from a recent distribution:

Amusing!  The list originally dates from around 1987 I think; I got it
by a combination of randomly thumbing around in my big International
atlas plus a US state atlas, some searching for hacker terms in
gazetteers (thus Mungar Junction and Lisp), and some names I had heard
about from other people as places they made fun of (Ronkonkoma,
Walla Walla, etc).

Stan