[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Nationset

To: Stan Shebs <shebs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek@xxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Nationset
From: Tony Stuckey <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 11:42:31 -0600

On Sun, Feb 13, 2000 at 06:33:00AM -0800, Stan Shebs wrote:
> Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
> > Prepare for major nationset patch in foreseenable future
> > If anyone have some new nation locally, please publish it,
> > so balance will be better.
>
> Xconq includes the names and flags of the ~140 nations
> with populations over 1 million, and sets of town names
> for about 100 of them so far.

        Impressive.
        I still wonder if we really need this.  Civ2 allowed you to define
your own nation with titles, etc, so that the Lilliputians, Klingons,
Atlanteans, Daleks, or any of a series of other strange and wonderful
nations that struck the player's fancy could be experienced.
        It really would be useful to have a "custom" race button in the
nation selection dialog, but I don't know how flexible the initial loading
code is.

> Xconq is all GPL, and I'd be happy to have bits of it go to improve
> FreeCiv.

        Definitely thanks for the offer.
--
Anthony J. Stuckey                              stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"And they said work hard, and die suddenly, because it's fun."