[Freeciv-Dev] Re: feature freeze

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: feature freeze
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 22:27:49 +1100 (EST)

Falk Hueffner wrote:

> Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > Hello Freecivers.
> >
> > This is to announce the feature freeze for version 1.10.0 of
> > Freeciv.  While I hate to disrupt the flow of development, if we
> > never made a release the end-users would never see all the neat
> > things you've been implementing.
>
> Why don't we make a CVS branch? Then new and untested code could still
> flow...

Well, from past experience Freeciv maintainers have had enough
work on their hands managing each stable release, without
splitting effort to work on a new unstable branch as well.
Ditto for testing etc by the wider Freeciv community, which IMO
we want to focus on the release candidate as much as possible.

-- David