[Freeciv-Dev] Re: feature freeze

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: feature freeze
From: Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 23:37:20 +0100

On Wed, Feb 02, 2000 at 07:05:19PM -0200, Lalo Martins wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 02, 2000 at 09:24:43PM +0100, Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
> >
> > Isn't it reasonable to sync Debian and Freeciv :
>
> To begin with, I was just ranting. Then, your proposal is
> well-meaning but not doable.

When we will be implementing package pools, keywords etc,
it would be nice to implement possibility of excluding
from Debian's usual maintainer/cycle system, some packages,
that are Debianized somewhere out (Gnome, mozilla,
freeciv, linux-kernel is already), by some other free
software group, if this group want to do it,
so we will just redistribute them, and maintaining and BTS
will be done by this group as long as they want to.
(if they stop, we can still NMU a fix)