[Freeciv-Dev] Re: feature freeze

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: feature freeze
From: Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 21:24:43 +0100

On Wed, Feb 02, 2000 at 04:46:12PM -0200, Lalo Martins wrote:
> Of course, it is official Freeciv policy to make a release
> every time Debian freezes, so that all releases of Debian have
> an outdated version of Freeciv, right? :-)
>
> Just kidding. I'm frustrated by the fact that the Illuminati
> don't like Debian. Every time we make a release, we see new
> major versions of kernel, gnome, freeciv, and whatever else is
> cool at that point in time (I believe Mozilla will be released
> more or less one month after Debian 2.2).

Isn't it reasonable to sync Debian and Freeciv :

- freeciv.org makes freeciv-*.deb daily from CVS tree and
  send it to debian.org/Incoming
- in stable Debian we have last stable Freeciv
- in unstable Debian we have current CVS Freeciv
- when Debian freeze, we put last stable to frozen, CVS to unstable,
  and update frozen only to new stable version if it appear during freeze
- maintainer of freeciv-* is set to `"Freeciv Team" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>'

(this might be reasonable to exclude some other packages from Debian's cycle
also)