[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Some ideas + one patch

To: Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: Tony Stuckey <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Daniel Zinsli <s830+priv@xxxxxxxxx>, Freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Some ideas + one patch
From: Jules Bean <jmlb2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 22:21:00 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 02, 2000 at 01:18:27PM -0600, Tony Stuckey wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 02, 2000 at 07:04:57PM +0100, Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
> > > Yes, nice feature, but Republic/Democracy are *over*-featured.
> >
> >     If you honestly beleive this, implement the Senate and diplomacy
> > features that have been noted as drawbacks.  The happiness penalties under
> > Republic/Democracy are harsh.  It's effectively impossible to carry out a
> > sustained War of Conquest.
>
> It is *IMPOSSIBLE* to do in multiplayer game.
> It won't work.
> It can't work.

I don't understand your objections at all. The Senate will work perfectly
well against human opponents just as against AI opponents. The Senate will
prevent you from moving your units onto improved land or attacking any
power you are at peace with, and it will force you to make peace whenever
possible.

Jules

|  Jelibean aka  | jules@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx         |  6 Evelyn Rd        |
|  Jules aka     | jules@xxxxxxxxxx              |  Richmond, Surrey   |