[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Some ideas + one patch

To: iquin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Some ideas + one patch
From: Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 14:50:44 +0100

On Mon, Jan 31, 2000 at 07:46:40PM -0500, iquin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > 3) Despotism is very underbalanced. What about changing its penalities
> >    barieer from 2 to 3 ? (Anarchy also ?)
>
> > 4) Republic/Democracy are very overfeatured w/o Senate. Some
> >    alternative kind of Senate should be set if we have no diplomacy.
> >    Twice as much shields/turn upkeep for military units ? (all units ?)
>
> You can set max rate 100 for all govs or set rulesets to civ1.
> Civ2 (IMHO) is unbalanced anyway (e.g. Fundamentalism).
> Blindly adding features and match reality at the
> expense of game balance seems to be the focus.

Just some idea how we can higher either realism and balance :

set max rates completely opposite :
100% for Despotism - YOU decide what will cash go for
90%  for Monarchy  - YOU decide what will cash go for, via magnates (VIPs)
80%  for Communism - Comitees decides about budget, but are more-or-less obeying
70%  for Republic  - SENATE decides about budget, but is less-or-more obeying
60%  for Democracy - SENATE decides about budget and every Senator has own
                     ideas and enough power to force them

(this is implementation of alternative Senate)

What do you think ?