[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [FreeCiv-Cvs] jjm: Fixes city_turns_to_build() to cons

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [FreeCiv-Cvs] jjm: Fixes city_turns_to_build() to consider the 1 s...
From: "Mike Jing" <miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 23:17:29 EST

From: Tony Stuckey <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: mike_jing@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 20:26:58 -0600

I just ran several turns in Civ1.  A city on a Grassland (no
shield) and an Ocean square produces no shields whatsoever.
Civ2 guarantees that a city center square will produce at least 1
food and 1 shield.

That's not exactly what we are talking about. I don't know if you have ever tried this in Freeciv, but as it stands now, if a city has no shield surplus due to supporing units, e.g. it has "prod: 1 (+0)", it still gets one shield added to it's shield stock every turn. Could you check if it does this in Civ1?

Mike