[Freeciv-Dev] Re: PATCH: Add ai_manage_diplomat().

To: Tony Stuckey <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: PATCH: Add ai_manage_diplomat().
From: Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 22:22:37 -0500

Tony Stuckey (stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

>       This patch allows AI diplomats to Establish Embassies, Steal
> Technology, and subvert units and cities.

Oooh!  Is it too late to get this in to the next release?

> +  struct player *aplayer;

Compiler warning here with gcc 2.95.2 -- may be used uninitialized.  I
looked at the code briefly and the warning appears to be irrelevant as
long as game.nplayers > 0.... :-)  To shut gcc up, you might want to
initialize this to NULL or something.

I tested this a bit, and the AI actually bribed one of my units (a
Musketeer fortified outside his city).  It was great!

Then a couple turns later it crashed:

1: Bribe cost -1 in diplomat_bribe by Erik
> Segmentation fault

Next time I test this I'll run it under gdb.  (Why oh why doesn't the
civserver leave a core file?!?  At least in the CVS versions, that would
be tremendously useful....)

--
Greg Wooledge                    | "Truth belongs to everybody."
wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx             |   Red Hot Chili Peppers