[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [FreeCiv-Cvs] jjm: Fixes city_turns_to_build() to cons

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [FreeCiv-Cvs] jjm: Fixes city_turns_to_build() to consider the 1 s...
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 11:01:22 +1100 (EST)

"Mike Jing" <miky40@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> At Sat, 29 Jan 2000 13:54:31, Jeff Mallatt Wrote
> >You are correct.  Neither Civ1 nor Civ2 give this "extra" shield.
>
> This pacth removes the "extra" shield and undo the previous patch for "turns
> to build".
>
> Just to clarify, I didn't put it in there -- the extra shield was in Freeciv
> when I discovered it.  I just thought it should be taken into consideration
> when calculating "turns to build".  This patch takes it out to conform to
> Civ1 and Civ2.

I'm pretty sure that in Civ1 if a city's shield production is 0
then you do still get 1 added to the current production each turn
(no idea about Civ2).  This probably explains why this is in the
code, since freeciv was originally based on Civ1 before moving
towards Civ2.  (Ie, may want to use civ_style.)

-- David