[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Glaciars

To: Freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Glaciars
From: Jason Todd <idjason@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 17:41:21 +0000

Anecdoter@xxxxxxx wrote:

> In a message dated 1/4/00 12:54:46 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> > The scale is wrong.  One freeciv square represents a _large_
> >  area.  For most maps realistic glaciers would correspond to
> >  one or few squares only.
>
>     There have been some rather large glaciers in the past.  During the last
> ice age, a single glacier covered all of canada and most of the upper
> midwest.  I think there is a miscommunication, perhaps the original poster
> meant an ice age - that is at least how I took it.  Maybe the
> miscommunication is between myself and the original poster... ;->

Actually, I just thought all of a sudden, wouldn't it be cool
to have glaciars. I wasn't thinking about an ice age, though
i did think that maybe you could stop it by generating massive
amounts of pollution. Start global warming to stop an ice age.
What do you think. BTW to make things fair I think that if you
a glaciar at the top of the map a corresponding one should form
at the bottom.