[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Glaciars

To: "Jason Todd" <idjason@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Glaciars
From: "Peter Schaefer" <schaefer@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2000 08:47:13 +0100

> Actually, as the guy who first championed glaciars, I think I
>now agree that they should be left out. Unless they could randomly
>grow out of any mountain, but that would be way more unrealistic.

Glaciers can be caused by global warming this way:
The warming up reduces the temperature difference between
arctic seas and tropic seas. This makes the gulf stream stop moving or
change path.
As a result, the north pole is blocked off the warm waters and starts to
cool down,
creating further tundra and arctic tiles at the north pole.