Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: ideas for some i18n problems (was: call for updated tr

Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: ideas for some i18n problems (was: call for updated translations)
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 18:58:01 +0200

> Perhaps we could address all these problems by adding a new field to the
> buildings, nations and units rulesets.  It could be called 'limited', and
> would include the name, appropriately limited.

[...]

> E.g.:
>
> name = _("Roman")
> limited = _("?limited:a Roman")

This is a good fix for English, but be aware that it is language specific.
For Hungarian or some other inflected language you need a different, more
complicated system.  There is nothing against including language specific
fixes of course but I'm not sure, once you start, where it will end.

--
Reinier