Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] german translation and mech inf as default

Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] german translation and mech inf as default
From: Thue Janus Kristensen <Thue.kristensen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 22:18:06 +0200

In the German translation it says about nukes

Beim Aufprall zerstört die Explosion jegliche Einheit in einem Radius von "

"3x3 Feldern

This should be diameter and not radius, no?

-----
And about mech infantery:

>The choice of Rifleman is Civ2-compatible.  I think it might be good
>to offer a client-side configuration option, though, to use the more
>advanced units by default when they become available.
>
>(Better choices are the Alpine Troops and the Mech. Infantry.  And maybe
>the Partisan, if the player doesn't have Alpine Troops yet -- but that's
>less clear, since they cost 10 more and the only additional benefits
>they have are the ignore-terrain and ignore-zone-of-control powers,
>which are far less useful when they're just fortified in a city.)

But mech inf (6-6-3 and 30 hit point) are surely worth 10 extra minerals
over an (5-4-1 and 20 hit points) rifleman. Note that the improvement from
rifleman to mech inf is bigger than from musketeer to rifleman
That civ3 doesn't default to mech inf should be considered a civ2 oddity;
surely everybody builds mech inf when it becomes available!?