Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] proposed update to nations

To: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] proposed update to nations
From: Jerzy Klek <qpkjeek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 10:17:23 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi!

> I just tested your flags patch with my nations specs and it works
> fine.  You've already included the flags; if you are willing to include
> the Dutch into some alternative ruleset, and apply the changes to
> Romans and Germans, so I can forget about them myself, I'll be happy.
> If you decide to change them, that's OK with me, as long as I know they
> are being processed and the effort end up in CVS eventually.

The changes for Romans and Germans are good. Though personally
I would not use cities that are not owned by given nation
anymore, to avoid another political discussion :-). In Dutch
case these would be (not 100%):

 "Cochin", "Colombo", "Jaffna", "Paramaribo",
 "Recief", "Trivandrum", "Nieuw Amsterdam", "Fort Zeelandia",
 "Hollandia"

and in German:

 "Breslau", "Stettin", "Danzig", "Konigsberg", "Posen", "Thorn"

I still don't know if we should keep default nations.ruleset
small or put as many nations there as we have. If there will
be some more opinions then it can be decided. Anyway I will
have european and ancient nations rulesets and I'll send them
to David when finished. They will be very handy if you want
to play on Europe's or Mediterranen maps. The Dutch is currently
included in european ruleset.

/Jerzy