Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: September 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] The Map

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] The Map
From: Franck Guillaud <fguillaud@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 12:40:15 +0200

                Hello,

At 21:16 08/09/99 , you wrote:
>>        I'm planning to make an OpenGL based map for the freeciv client.
>>
>>        Is this already in somebody TODO list ?
>
>I don't think so. The idea sounds interesting tho hard.

        Yes, I guess that a 3D view of the world could be very nice. More
eye candy than usefull, perhaps...

>> PS: No code actually. I'm just browsing the source now.
>
>Good luck.

       Yes, lot of luck ! After a quick look, the code is not very nice :
hard coded value, many global vars...

        Who on the list is able to help me to understand what happends in
the map based code ?

                                                                  Franck.