Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Give my money back!!! (PR#25)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Give my money back!!! (PR#25)
From: Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 10:28:35 -0400

Stephen Hodge (stephenh@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Matt Busigin wrote:
> > On Sat, 12 Jun 1999 neko@xxxxxxx wrote:

> > #in the next turn, i have not my settler ready
> > #and it is 44/40 ?????

> > This is not a bug.  This is part of the game.  See, what happends, is if the

> It's not Civ2 behaviour. I can't remember what Civ1 does.

In Civ1, the Settler would be built and the city disbanded if it was
size 1.  There was no confirmation prompt.

In Civ2, there's a prompt.  If you say "no", all your production points
are thrown away.

In CTP, the Settler's production is delayed, with additional points
being discarded.  But note that CTP has an explicit "Disband city" command
which converts the city into a Settler immediately at (I believe) no cost
(except for the city itself...).

--
Greg Wooledge                    | Distributed.NET http://www.distributed.net/
wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx             | because a CPU is a terrible thing to waste.