Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Give my money back!!! (PR#25)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Give my money back!!! (PR#25)
From: dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 21:17:21 -0700 (PDT)

Stephen Hodge wrote:

> Civ2 allows you to disband cities by creating a settler when the city size
> is 1. This is occassionally useful.

It is, and freeciv allows this too.  Go to the city options dialog
from the city dialog, and change the "Disband if build settler at
size 1" option.  (This is in 1.8.0, as well as CVS.)
(City Dialog -> Configure in the GTK+ client.)

There _is_ currently a message in the output window when the city
cannot yet build a setter (eg "Game: Beijing can't build settler yet")
which could perhaps be made more informative...

-- David