Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Give my money back!!! (PR#25)

To: Matt Busigin <jediknight@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: neko@xxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Give my money back!!! (PR#25)
From: Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 17:14:47 -0400

On Sat, Jun 12, 1999 at 01:27:46PM -0400, Matt Busigin was heard to say:
> This is not a bug.  This is part of the game.  See, what happends, is if the
> city is not ready to produce a settler (the city is ready to produce a
> settler when it has a level 2 population, or more), it will go over the
> limit, supposedly working on something else.  It will stack up the
> production points, and when the city has produced the previous production,
> it will put the extra points to the new project.

  Speaking of which -- earlier versions of Freeciv had a related bug: when
production of one item was complete you would be charged for either part of
another item of the same type or (with buildings) for whatever the AI started
building, with no way to intervene.  eg: if I'm building a Granary and it
completes, the AI might decide to start City Walls next.  If I want to switch
to military units instead, I have to do it manually and lose 50% of the
surplus, which is kind of annoying.  Maybe the penalty should be waived the
turn after construction of something is complete?

  Daniel

--
  He had a terrible memory.  He remembered everything.