Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Give my money back!!! (PR#25)

To: Matt Busigin <jediknight@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: neko@xxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Give my money back!!! (PR#25)
From: Stephen Hodge <stephenh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 09:52:07 +1000

Matt Busigin wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Jun 1999 neko@xxxxxxx wrote:
> # Sometimes when you buy a currently producted unit, it continues to product
> it.
> # (I am french maybe i am not explicit so here an exemple)
>
> OK.
>
> #I produce a settler.
> #it is 30/40
> #I buy it
> #so it is to 40/40
> #in the next turn, i have not my settler ready
> #and it is 44/40 ?????
> #an the next turn 48/40 etc... etc...
>
> This is not a bug.  This is part of the game.  See, what happends, is if the

It's not Civ2 behaviour. I can't remember what Civ1 does.

> city is not ready to produce a settler (the city is ready to produce a
> settler when it has a level 2 population, or more), it will go over the
> limit, supposedly working on something else.  It will stack up the
> production points, and when the city has produced the previous production,
> it will put the extra points to the new project.
>
> For example:
>
>         You have a level 1 city (less then 10,000 people) called Moskva.  It
>         cannot build a city until it has reached level 2 status, and by the
>         time it is a level 2 city, it has 50/40 production points.  Since it
>         is now a level 2 city, it can produce a settler, and the NEW settler
>         is now automatically 10/40, the carry-over from last production.
>
> Perhaps we should have a "[Production is now carrying over]" sign if the
> production points are higher then the required number.

Civ2 allows you to disband cities by creating a settler when the city size
is 1. This is occassionally useful. A confirmation box pops up asking you if
this is what you want. If you say yes you get a settler (or engineer) with
no home city (regardless of where the nearest city is), if you say no the
production is reset to 0.

Regards,
Steve Hodge