Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] GTK and Imlib Questions

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] GTK and Imlib Questions
From: "Todd Goodman" <tsg1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 09:51:53 -0400

First, let me say that I have almost zero experience with GTK and Imlib.
I'm trying to fix that by reading the tutorials, but hope someone can
provide some help or pointers.

I'm trying to build the GTK client under Cygwin and running into problems
with the gdk_imlib library.

I've built GTK and imlib.  I've tried building dynamic libraries and then
static after I have this problem.  The imlib builds seem to build libxxx.la
libraries.  Is this so under other OSes?  What are these?  Are they actually
dynamic link libraries?  That's how they seem to want to be used.

When I build imlib statically, I end up with a nice .a for most libraries,
but
not gdk_imlib, it still only has a .la library.

Could anyone with GTK/Imlib experience shed some light on this for me?

I've no doubt it's an issue with my build of the libraries and I'm looking
into it, but would appreciate any tips or pointers.

Thanks,

Todd